Refuge Charity Blanket

My foray into knitting began with knitting squares for the Refuge 
charity blanket. I chose to do a three coloured striped square, a 
checked square and for the third square I used my own take on moss 
stitch. I completed two rows of K2P2, and then for the next two rows 
alternated the stitches with P2K2 and repeated this patter until the 
desired size had been reached.
stripes with border 
checks with border
 Moss with border
We then stitched all the squares together to make this slightly 
mishmashed blanket!
finished blanket
For this project I used Addi aluminium size 5 needles and Sirdar 
Hayfield Bonus DK in Cupid, Grass and Charcoal.