My foray into knitting began with knitting squares for the Refuge charity blanket.
To complete this project, the members of my work craft group each knitted some squares for the Refuge charity blanket. The squares were then all joined together to make the blanket
I chose to do a three coloured striped square, a checked square and for the third square I used my own take on moss stitch. I completed two rows of K2P2, and then for the next two rows alternated the stitches with P2K2 and repeated this pattern until the desired size had been reached. We then stitched all the squares together to make this slightly mishmashed blanket! For this project I used Addi aluminium size 5 needles and Sirdar Hayfield Bonus DK in Cupid, Grass and Charcoal.